Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mirth and Mischief Sprouting About



I feel like this stone woman with ideas and mischief sprouting about.
What is she dreaming about? Is she reminiscing about a long, lost, love or going over her “to do list?” I am dreaming about the next season in this wonderful experience called life. I am grateful for the mirth and delight knocking on my door and taping at my window. I am more open to the flow of life and to letting in the good stuff.

It has taken such a long time for me to figure out that other people’s expectations and their ranting about life’s unfairness is just that … theirs.

It’s not for me to take upon as my own. I had an experience with a dear friend who flew off the handle recently and behaved in a very childish way about something he “felt” was an injustice to him.  In the past I would have taken this on as my own, but now I choose to let him have his say and to remind myself that his feelings are just that “his.”

When you figure out that you have so many choices, it is like holding a magical key that unlocks a myriad of otherwise locked up options.

Text and photography copyright 2012 by SMLLMS, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment