Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Who's That Lady?




Who is this? Is it me? What does that mean today? I caught a glimpse of my shadow as I was sitting in my daughter’s dance class the other day. It struck me as odd and funny because I didn’t recognize my shadow for a minute.  I saw a businesswoman’s shadow, not a harried mom. I literally laughed out loud when I realized, “hey, that’s me!”
My shadow made me happy. I had attended a networking breakfast that morning and felt good about it. I am rebuilding my career. I am going to make it. I must do this.  I want my daughter to be proud of me. I need to support us.

I am filled with loads of unanswered questions this week. I am unsettled? What is my calling in life?

I am anxious about my future. Why is this? Am I scared or is this a feeling of excitement brewing? This is hard for me to decipher at this moment in time. My soul is quizzical.   I must remind myself to believe and trust. These moments of doubt are part of my journey. Everyday will not be an easy, knowing day. Not now anyway. But this is all good.

 

As a single mom who went through the Divorce rinse cycle and financial ringer. I’m One of the many starting over. Just, “One of the many.  Unlike the Marines, we are not “the few” but we are “the proud.” I’m proud of surviving and making it out to the other side. For that I am grateful –I can still say I am dreaming, loving living, laughing. Will I find my bliss? Will I make success and love for myself and my daughter? I have faith in myself that I will do it. I must!

Text and photography copyright 2012 by SMLLMS, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment